[Last modified: June 05, 2020]
View: Terms Of Service
Cookies / Local Storage
Google Adsense / Google CSE and Google Analytics use there own cookies.
What is Locally Stored?
All the tools are locally stored and the settings.
What is online?
- The search will fetch data from Google's search query to give you the search results.
- RSS Feed picks up news from news sources like CBC/BBC/Game Informers and such.
What is SearchThat Extention Types?
.html / .css / .js / .png / .ttf / .json / .txt / .md
No PHP. Connected together with notepad++
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- I use Google Analytics to check the Audience Overview by most used Language, Top Countries, Cities, Browser types (handy to know what browsers to focus bug issues on) Operating System, Service Provider, Screen Resolution.
This information helps me to improve the pages and what to focus more on.
- Custom search collects Web queries/Image queries in a graph as distinct queries.
It also shows Popular queries search terms. Like how many times the query youtube was used in a count.
- I collect IP traffic data to stop the flow of unwanted bots and add them to the firewall.
Who we share your data with
What I use Google analytics for
The main thing I use google analytics is to monitor what pages are being visited and how many users are on the site at one given time. Sometimes I look at the Audience to see, Users, New Users, Sessions, Pages, Page Views, Session Duration and improve on those statistics or popular pages.
I also use third party advertisements to support my site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on my site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes (showing Edmonton real estate ads to someone in Edmonton, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites).
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with my site as you will enable a notification asking you kindly to disable your adblocking software.
More direct from Google
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
Learn more here: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/1348695?hl=en
Other Search Engines
There is also a link to Paypal Donate page here: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=THX6VARUNN5LU
My Personal Note
When it comes to Analytics I rarely ever look at it. I pay more attention to my other website as it's the heartbeat of this one. At the end of the day, I built it as a personal project. Not to be the next best thing or compete in an already flooded search engine market. I really don't care if anyone else uses it. It exists because I wanted to learn and I like simple coding.